Coos Bay, OR – The 2018 Gelato Team USA took shape yesterday after tryouts were completed and scored at the Oregon Coast Culinary Institute in Coos Bay, Oregon. A panel of judges led by Team manager Randy Torres selected four chefs from across the nation to represent the United States in the 2018 World Gelato Cup in Rimini, Italy. The members of the team were selected according to the regulations drawn up by the organization of the selection host country, which include the four categories; Team Gelato Maker, Team Pastry Chef (Showpiece), Team pastry Chef, and Team Ice Carver & Savory Chef.
The 2018 US team members are:
- Randy Torres, CEC, AAC – Team Manager – Chef Instructor – Oregon Coast Culinary Institute – Coos Bay, OR
- Stefano Biasini – Maestro Gelatiere / Owner – Gran Caffe L’Aquilla – Philadelphia, PA
- Chris Foltz – Executive Chef – The Mill Casino, North Bend, OR
- Lyn Wells – Chef Instructor – Utah Valley University, Orem, UT
- Darrell Folck, CEPC, CEC – Baking & Pastry Chef Instructor – Oregon Coast Culinary Institute – Coos Bay, OR
The team will continue to practice together and individually until the Gelato World Cup competition.
More information may be obtained by contacting;
Team Manager Randy Torres CEC, ACC, 408-364-6328 email@example.com
Team Coordinator Del Clark, 541-888-7195 firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon Coast Culinary Institute
1988 Newmark Ave
Coos Bay, OR 97420